Tuesday, January 16, 2007

An Introduction (Humility Aside)

- John David Reitz -


I'm passionate about many things. Though it may not always be a good idea, I pursue all my interests with vigor. It seems overwhelming at times but I'm never bored.

In my years before attending UNC I lived in Westfield, Indiana (age 0-12) and then in Chapel Hill, North Carolina (age 12-19).

At UNC I'm a freshman Teaching Fellow double majoring in English and Dramatic Arts with minor in Religious Studies. I also work at the Bull's Head Bookshop in the Student Stores building, as an IT operator for LearnNC, and as an office assistant for the Urology Division at UNC Hospitals. (The last one is constantly...surprising.)

I'm also a very avid improviser. I perform most weekends (often more than once) at the DSI Comedy Theater in downtown Carrboro (www.dsicomedytheater.com). I'm on a variety of different teams and have rehearsal or a performance around six nights a week. Through DSI, I've performed locally as well as in Richmond, Virginia and New York City. I'm also a member of UNC's improv company: CHiPs.

I'd someday like to teach English and Improvise in New York City (if only for a small time). I'd also like to someday visit the Vatican, meet Anderson Cooper, and have an extensive wine cellar.

I take my coffee black.
Sometimes with sugar though.
I also like tea.

No comments: